Monday, November 16, 2009

Namaste

You've been om-ing your way through yoga class for years, but have you ever wondered what the mantra really means? According to the Yajur-Veda, one of the earliest sacred texts of the yoga tradition, om represents the entire universe -- past, present, and future. The sound is actually a combination of four parts: a ("ah"), or wakefulness; u ("oh"), the dream state; m ("mmm"), the quietness of deep, dreamless sleep; and the silence that follows, which represents pure consciousness.

I recently returned from a visit to Tustin, CA where I was able to check out my cousin's new Wellness Retreat/Bookstore. She was promoting everything "zen." As I pondered the meaning behind many of the beautiful sanskrit symbols I realized how magical they truly are. In a world where there is so much chaos and confusion, it's nice to wear something close to your heart to help remind you of peace and happiness. Check out CLD's extensive selection of asian-inspired jewelry. Add a little calmness to your daily routine...I promise you won't regret it!

-Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment