Sunday, October 4, 2009

Buyer Beware: You Don't Have to Sacrifice Quality for Style

The leaves are turning and fall is in the air. We even had our first dusting of snow in the foothills. At least for me, that means it's time to clean out the closet, shake out those wool sweaters, and do an assessment of what needs to go. I do this exercise every fall for one simple reason: Guilt free shopping. I can go forth, with my "must have" list and enjoy the hunt. Basics are always on the list. Jewelry, thankfully, I have that covered.

As I combed through my favorite stores, including Nordstrom, Ann Taylor, J. Crew, and a handful of usual suspects, I realized that much of the jewelry out there is truly, well for lack of a better word, junk. I admit, the styling is funky, fun, chunky, layered and flashy. However, most pieces are made of base metal (which will tarnish or irritate skin), plastic beads, and fake pearls. The end clasps are flimsy and will probably not survive a season. Even more surprising, the pricing was high for costume jewelry.

Charming Life Designs has created many of these popular styles without sacrificing quality. In many cases, our prices are as good as or better than the fashion jewelry you'll find in many stores. Plus, we use genuine pearls, Swarovski crystals, gemstones, sterling silver, and 14 karat gold filled metals. Our money-back guarantee helps our customer's feel confident about their online purchase and our design center is ready to help you design the perfect piece of jewelry. To learn more, simply send us an email.


Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment