Thursday, October 8, 2009

Finding Inspiration Outside the Box

On a normal Thursday, you are most likely to find me back in the office, juggling business demands, employees needs, and trying to stay on top of current sales and budding trends, not to mention "managing" (I have to use that word cautiously) my own teenagers and their immediate needs. Finding the time to create new designs can be a challenge.

Today, however, I am outside my Thursday box. I am in Portland, Oregon (my home town) and she is exceptionally beautiful today. The city is glowing with fall sunshine and the river is calm. City walkers are out and it seems that every building downtown has been lovingly restored. The city is a visual feast for the eyes and I find true inspiration by simply walking the streets. I am outside my box and cherishing it!

Moments like these help me recharge those creative juices. I am able to get away from those daily interruptions and take in the natural beauty. The contrasts of light and dark, muted greens, soft blue skies, and endless designs are all going into my mental tool box. Sunshine is in the forecast for the next few days in the Northwest, a rare treat. I think I'll stay!

Barb

Travel Tip: Open Table (www.opentable.com) is a relatively new site that offers real-time reservations in most major cities. A great resource for travels and non-travelers alike. My tech-savvy Portland friends love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment